I'm trying to use GitHub Actions to query the GitHub API using an OAuth 2.0 token through an R script. It works fine on my local machine when I run the code, where a browser window pops up indicating "Waiting for authentication in browser..." that I can manually close. When run through GitHub Actions, the workflow hangs at the "Waiting for authentication in browser..." since it's on a remote machine.
I'm using a custom R script with the httr library. The API credentials are stored as secrets for the repository I'm trying to query.
library(httr)
gh_key <- Sys.getenv('GH_KEY')
gh_secret <- Sys.getenv('GH_SECRET')
# setup app credentials
myapp <- oauth_app(appname = "data-in-r",
key = gh_key,
secret = gh_secret)
# get oauth credentials
github_token <- oauth2.0_token(oauth_endpoints('github'), app = myapp, cache = F)
# use api
gtoken <- config(token = github_token)
# get list of remote files in data folder
req <- GET("https://api.github.com/repos/tbep-tech/piney-point/contents/data", gtoken)
When the script is run through GitHub Actions, it looks like as below, where I had to manually cancel the workflow since it was hung at the browser step.
Is there a workaround for skipping the browser step so it will run on GitHub Actions? The offending repo is here.
