WebStorm IDE support for Vue 3 Composition API really bad or is my config messed up?

Viewed 4001

With Vue 2 I had no issues and I think the WebStorm Plugin is really first class - I even think it works better OOTB than on VS Code.

But I have started multiple Vue 3 based projects using the Composition API and it seems that the WebStorm Vue plugin is just not ready yet?!

Using <script setup> is pretty much unusable. And when using setup() {} method I get a bunch of weird typing errors and warnings.

I don't really find a lot of information about this online, so I am starting to think that maybe my config is screwed up?!

I bootstrapped a fresh Vue 3 app using the Vue CLI and reinstalled WebStorm making sure all previous settings get reset to default.

Same result.

Really curious to get some feedback from fellow developers about their experience with WebStorm and Vue 3 Composition API.

1 Answers
Related