I'm brand new to qlik. I've been handed over a very complicated application with a lot of business logic that is constantly changing that can run against three different databases - ie dev/test/prod. Basically to decide which one it runs against, the developers have been opening the app and changing a variable at the top to basically point to which environment it should run against - and then running it.
To me - there's nothing about having to change the code each time I want to run that's ok. I know I could duplicate the app for each environment - but that's even worse, because then there are three places to maintain logic when it changes.
what i want is to have three instances that somehow share code - for instance - create three apps - "run_dev", "run_test", "run_prod" that just set a variable and then call the fourth app which is the actual code...
But I have no idea how to do it. What's the best practice way of having a single app with different "modes" of operation - surely people don't always change the code every time they run?