Unknown project in my GCP projects dashboard

Viewed 413

A new project showed up in my list of projects in my GCP console with name "My Project xxxxx" and ID "brave-watch-nnnnnn" where xxxxx and nnnnnn are numbers. But, I have no privileges on this project and cannot view the resources or modify the project. I am the only user of my GCP account and my account is not part of any organization. I don't know how this project was created and how it got added to my console. Has anyone encountered such a scenario before and how did you resolve it ?

2 Answers

I think you should contact the support team. You mentioned about that your account is not part of an organization. But it's possible for someone to add you into his project via email. Did you leak your email address? You can also use gcloud projects list to see which project you have access to.

Only the owner of the project can revoke the access... that's who to contact.
b/c permission resourcemanager.projects.setIamPolicy is required to do so.

Related