I´m writing some tests for my app and I´m trying to mock Linking module. I'm using jest.
The Linking.canOpenURL mock it's working fine (toHaveBeenCalled is returning true), but openURL mock is never called.
function mockSuccessLinking() {
const canOpenURL = jest
.spyOn(Linking, 'canOpenURL')
.mockImplementation(() => Promise.resolve(true));
const openURL = jest
.spyOn(Linking, 'openURL')
.mockImplementation(() => Promise.resolve(true));
return { canOpenURL, openURL };
}
The problem is that openURL is not been called.
Here is the test:
test('should open url when there is a proper app the open it', async () => {
const { canOpenURL, openURL } = mockSuccessLinking();
const { result } = renderHook(() =>
useApplyToJob('https://www.google.com/'),
);
const [apply] = result.current;
// Act
apply();
// Assert
expect(result.current[1].error).toBeNull();
expect(canOpenURL).toHaveBeenCalled();
expect(openURL).toHaveBeenCalled();
});
And this the hook under test:
export function useApplyToJob(url) {
const [error, setError] = useState(null);
const apply = () => {
Linking.canOpenURL(url).then(supported => {
if (supported) {
Linking.openURL(url);
} else {
setError(`Don't know how to open ${url}`);
}
});
};
return [apply, { error }];
}