How to filter by tag in Jaeger

Viewed 1189

When trying to filter by tag, there is a small popup: jaeger tag filter popup

I have been looking for logfmt around, but all I can find is key=value format.

My questions are:

  1. Is there a way for something more sophisticated? (starts_with, not equal, contains, etc)
  2. I am trying to filter by url using http.url="http://example.com?bla=bla&foo=bar". I am pretty sure the value exists because I am copy/pasting from my trace. I am getting no results. Do I need to escape characters or do something else for this to work?
1 Answers

I did some research around logfmt as well. Based on the documentation of the original implementation and in the Python implementation of the parser (and respective tests), I would say that it doesn't support anything more sophisticated (like starts_with, not equal, contains). And this is because the output of the parser is a simple dictionary (with no regex involved in the values).

As for the second question, using the same mentioned Python parser, I was able to double-check that your filter looks fine:

from logfmt import parse_line

parse_line('http.url="http://example.com?bla=bla&foo=bar"')

Output:

{'http.url': 'http://example.com?bla=bla&foo=bar'}

This makes me suspect of an issue on the Jaeger side, but this is as far as I could go.

Related