I have been reading couple of Hierarchical database examples over the internet. But still could not undertand what kind of data we can store in Hierarchical database. As far as I know, relational database can store (like excel) tables such as:
Key | Col1 | Col2 | Col3 | Col4 |
1 | bla | bla | bla | bla |
2 | foo | foo | foo | foo |
...
And also they can have relationships between different tables. HOwever I would like to know if Hierarchical databases can store tables in every parent or child?
In wikipedia link it shows that Hierarchical DB data looks like a table. However many other source says the opposite. Could you please give me an example (Like my table) what kind of data can be stored in one Hierarchical DB node? Is it like a relation DB and populated by different rows? Do they have key values?
Note: After little bit more research and I found this link:
In that example it shows that every single row in a relational DB, is represented as childs in a Hierarchical DB. I believe this answers my question. Thanks