Github repository not cloning using gh cli

Viewed 3492

I want to clone my public repository from Github to my local system using gh official cli.

I copied the following command from the repo (green code button) button and also followed the official documentation -

sudo gh repo clone <username>/<repo-name>

But the repository does not clone, but instead, the command returns the following output on the terminal.

Welcome to GitHub CLI!

To authenticate, please run `gh auth login`.

I also executed gh auth login and logged in. But still, the command returns the same output.

I can clone the same repository using following command

git clone "url"

I am using Ubuntu 18.04. How can I clone the repository using gh.

3 Answers

Try the command without sudo : gh repo clone (username)/(repo-name). If login is successfully done, this should work. For reference you can check[1].

[1]make git clone with sudo

if then ">" probably if then "~>"

trying to work out Ganache principles for symbolic logic using UC Berkeley style.

Related