I'm trying to use Autocomplete in React-native but I'm obviously doing something wrong.
Here a minimal example of code showing what I'm doing:
import React, {useState, useEffect} from 'react';
import {
SafeAreaView,
StyleSheet,
TextInput,
Text,
TouchableOpacity,
View,
} from 'react-native';
import Autocomplete from 'react-native-autocomplete-input';
const DATA =
[{"id": 1,"title": "test1"},{"id": 2,"title": "test2"},{"id": 3,"title": "test3"}]
const App = () => {
const [query, setQuery] = useState('');
return (
<SafeAreaView style={{flex: 1}}>
<View style={styles.container}>
<Autocomplete
autoCapitalize="none"
autoCorrect={false}
data={DATA}
value={query}
onChangeText={setQuery}
renderItem={({item}) => (
<TouchableOpacity
onPress={() => {}}>
<Text>
{item.title}
</Text>
</TouchableOpacity>
)}
/>
</View>
</SafeAreaView>
);
};
I reduced the code to the very minimum.
However, I keep getting error: "Objecs are not valid as a React child (found: object with keys {id,title}"
It seems I'm missing something very obvious about renderItem (I guess), but since I'm stuck since a few hours, another eye could spot what I'm doing wrong.. any help would be appreciated, thanks.