I am trying to use a debugger with VScode on my mac. For some reason gdb won't work even after code-signing. It exits with error 134. However, it seems to work fine on command line. VScode will work fine with lldb and clang compiler and would display the contents of STL containers properly.
However, I need to use GCC compilers for some reason. As I already told, GDB is not working with VScode so I am trying to get LLDB working. However, LLDB is not displaying stl containers properly. When I compile with "-g" flag lldb does not display the contents of stl containers properly at all. It shows raw contents of the containers without any pretty printing. When i compile with "-gdwarf-3" or "-gdwarf-4" flag, it is able to display strings properly. But not the contents of vectors. It just says vector with size=0 and doesn't update as i push elements into vector. Is there any way/solution to get any of the debuggers (lldb/gdb) to work properly with pretty printing to debug files compiled with gcc compilers.
I have tried gcc versions 11 and 9, as well gdb versions 8 and 10 without any success.