Dropbox "No directories are being ignored" on RHEL

Viewed 222

Let me start by saying Dropbox support for Linux is in need of some serious improvement! It took me half a day to figure out how to install it on RHEL and that's just the command line interface (don't even know if there is a GUI).

Having it now installed, I'm finding that it doesn't appear to be work properly :( I'm using the recommended python controls and when I type

dropbox exclude add test_folder

it does remove the folder from the list. However, I can not get it back. When I check the exclusion list, it says "No directories are being ignored." Therefore, I can not add it back via exclude remove. I can see when I login online, the folder still exists, but I have no way of adding it back to my local machine.

Am I missing something?

Dropbox daemon version: 124.4.4912
Dropbox command-line interface version: 2020.03.04
2 Answers

I'm bummed to find this question with no answers yet because I've been experiencing the same issue for a month or two now. My excluded folders no longer appear in my exclude list, so even though they exist in the cloud, I can't get them back locally. The only (unsatisfactory) solution I've found so far is to completely remove the Dropbox application, daemon, and nautilus extension and reinstall it all. But again, if I then add something to the exclude list that I want to remove later, I can't do it.

EDIT: It looks like there's a discussion on the official Dropbox forum here that doesn't yet have any solutions.

Following the forum over on Dropbox, a solution was posted January 2022 by Walter@Dropbox and I can confirm it worked for me. Below I'm just quoting his solution for your convenience:

Hi all - happy New Year!

I checked back internally on this and I have an update for you.

This should be fixed in our latest, stable version of the desktop app found here.

If you'd like to give our beta version a go instead, please download and install the app from this page.

Let us know how it goes!

Related