Google Analytics weird User numbers

Viewed 55

When I check the website's Users since a certain date it returns a super low value.

The example:

If I want to see the data from 01/01/2016 until 13/06/2021 I get 6 Users, 32.323 New Users, 37.611 Sessions, etc. The Users number don't make any sense.

However, if I do 01/09/2016 until 13/06/2021 I get 16.849 Users, 16.973 New Users and 22.142 Sessions. These numbers do make more sense.

So basically, if I consider ANY START DATE before the 01/09/2016 I will always get a super reduced value in the Users part, however, if I consider any start date after, and including, 01/09/2016 I will get reasoable values.

Has anyone ever had this issue?

1 Answers

From 1 September 2016 Google Analytics has brought a new feature, the ability to set the Users metric as the main metric, instead of Sessions. This event has taken the name of Users Everywhere and involves some relationships including Audience Reports and Acquisition Reports.

If the date range includes a period of time, even one day only, prior to 1 September 2016 or around that date, the result is like this:

enter image description here

This is valid, however, if the option to enable the Users metric in the reports , present at the Property level, is active:

enter image description here

Note: Google Analytics Standard properties have aggregated user metrics data since September 1, 2016 while Google Analytics 360 properties started aggregating data from May 1, 2016).

Source: https://www.analyticstraps.com/zero-utenti-con-sessioni/

Related