How could I enable "Go To Definition" in VSCode with SSH on my Jetson Nano?

Viewed 746

When I need to do "Go to definiton" on my Server by SSH on VSCode, it works, but:

When I use the same method on Jetson Nano(arch:aarch64), it didn't work. The selection "Go to definiton" doesn't exits.

I'm sure that I have installed some necessary plugin, it just move to another platform.

1 Answers

As illustrated with microsoft/vscode-remote-release issue 2816 (on aarch64), that can depend on the language plugin itself.

In your case, VSCode Python, which, on Nano environment, uses a LSP (Langage Server Protocol) quite glitchy for Python at the moment (as stated in arduino/arduino-ide issue 206 for instance).

microsoft/vscode-python issue 12499 mentions:

We have released a new and more performant language server called Pylance which likely solves these issues you are reporting. You can download Pylance from the marketplace and install it alongside the core Python extension.
Because our team's development efforts have shifted to support the new language server, we'd encourage you to try it out.

Maybe that would help in this remote SSH usecase.

Related