In a .NET Core library. do I need to have DebugSymbols = true when I wish to embed my pdb symbols for a RELEASE build?

Viewed 206

I wish to embed my PDB debug file in my output DLL, in my .NET Core nuget library.

When I end up doing a RELEASE build, do I need to explicitly set <DebugSymbols>true</DebugSymbols> in my csproj file when I have <DebugType>embedded</DebugType> set and it's a RELEASE build (which is what I'll end up packing into a NuGet file?

For example: it has been set/defined in the popular MiniProfile nuget package. Sure, I can add it and that means -all- configurations (DEBUG and RELEASE) will respect it. Just curious if I need it and how both of those settings relate to each other?

If I do NOT put <DebugSymbols> in, then on a RELEASE build, no pdb's will be made and therefore nothing gets embedded? If it's provided/true, then it gets generated AND it will be an embedded generation?

0 Answers
Related