So, I am trying to change the color of my svg icon, but it isn't changing color. When I inspect the page, it clearly shows the color is showing in the CSS and it is not crossed out, yet it is just a default black color.
Here is my code,
const SearchIcon = styled.span`
color: #9aa0a6;
height: 44px;
width: 33px;
padding-right: 10px;
display: flex;
align-items: center;
`;
<SearchIcon>
<svg
focusable='false'
xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2000/svg'
viewBox='0 0 24 24'
>
<path d='M15.5 14h-.79l-.28-.27A6.471 6.471 0 0 0 16 9.5 6.5 6.5 0 1 0 9.5 16c1.61 0 3.09-.59 4.23-1.57l.27.28v.79l5 4.99L20.49 19l-4.99-5zm-6 0C7.01 14 5 11.99 5 9.5S7.01 5 9.5 5 14 7.01 14 9.5 11.99 14 9.5 14z' />
</svg>
</SearchIcon>
I don't get why my svg isn't changing color. Even if I nest it inside, it doesn't do anything.
For example
const SearchIcon = styled.span`
color: #9aa0a6;
height: 44px;
width: 33px;
padding-right: 10px;
display: flex;
align-items: center;
svg {
color: red;
}
`;
and this still does nothing to the color.
Any idea why my svg isn't getting styled?

