RestTemplate with POST request not invoked

Viewed 86

I am trying to call a service in another Spring Boot application using RestTemplate,like below:

@RestController
public class Controller {
    @Autowired
    RestTemplate restTemplate;

    @RequestMapping("/hello")
    public String getHi() {
        return restTemplate.getForObject("http://localhost:8082/hello", String.class);
    }
}

This is the Main class for application A:

@SpringBootApplication
public class ServiceApplication {
    @Bean
    public RestTemplate getRestTemplate() {
        return new RestTemplate();
    }

    public static void main(String[] args) {
        SpringApplication.run(ServiceApplication.class, args);
    }
}

Below the other Spring Boot application B:

@RestController
public class Controller {
    
    @RequestMapping ("/hello")

    public String getHi() {
        return "Hi";
    }
}

Application A (RestTemplate): In this I am trying to achieve the API call to go through like, Postman -> Application A -> Application B. I tried this API with Postman, but the request is not sent. Just showing "Sending request...". Also didn't get failure response.

Application B: Called GET endpoint from Postman which invokes getHi() in Controller(RestController) class in Postman and browser, both work fine.

Port used:

  • Application A: 8083
  • Application B: 8082

Both applications are running. I have gone through lots of websites and git codes, but couldn't find a solution.

0 Answers
Related