Why is the .css File Not Changing the Font Family?

Viewed 151

I have a .html file that accesses a style.css file:

<html>
  <head>
    <link rel = "stylesheet" href = "../style.css"/>
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>
      This is it.
    </p>
  </body>
</html>

This is the style.css file:

  GNU nano 4.8                /var/www/html/style.css                           
body {
  margin: 0;
  font-family: Arial;
  text-align: center;
}
a {
  font-size: 50px;
  margin: 5px 10px 5px 0px;
}
h1 {
  margin: 10px;
  font-size: 100px;
}
p {
  font-family: Arial;
  font-size: 55px;
}

I know .html file is correctly linking to the .css file because the text is aligned in the middle and the font-size is 80px, but the font-family is not Arial, it is the default Linux Mint font. If I use < style > tags inside of the .html file, and change the font-family, it changes, but for some reason it doesn't change when using the .css file.

1 Answers

This is a very weird problem. If I use the local ip (127.0.0.1), it doesn't use Arial on any of the pages, but on the actual website, everything is in Arial. Since it works technically, I won't complain, but if you know why this is, please comment :)

Related