I am new to Docker containers but not quite new to Postgres (I delved a bit in the past).
The thing is I am trying to connect to a Postgres server started from the following Docker container dpage/pgadmin4
The issue is that I cannot connect to the server using PGAdmin4. I am getting the following error:
could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
could not connect to server: Address not available
Is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
I have the following yaml file:
version: '3'
services:
db:
image: postgres
restart: always
ports:
- "5432:5432"
environment:
POSTGRES_DB: postgres
POSTGRES_USER: postgres
POSTGRES_PASSWORD: parola
PGDATA: /var/lib/postgresql/data/pgdata
pgadmin4:
image: dpage/pgadmin4
ports:
- "5050:80"
environment:
PGADMIN_DEFAULT_EMAIL: user@domain.com
PGADMIN_DEFAULT_PASSWORD: parola
Using the psql command line I can connect to it only if I set -h 0.0.0.0, as follows:
psql -h 0.0.0.0 -U postgres
Can someone tell me what I need to set up in the yaml file or how I can configure so it allow connection from localhost/127.0.0.1?
I am running on Ubuntu 20.04.2, AMD64 with Docker version 20.10.7, build f0df350.