I am trying to pick samples within each group:
df <- data.frame(ID=c(1,1,1,2,2,2), score=c(10,20,30,40,50,60))
ID score
1 1 10
2 1 20
3 1 30
4 2 40
5 2 50
6 2 60
df %>% group_by(ID) %>% sample_n(2)
ID score
1 1 20
2 1 30
3 2 50
4 2 40
But I want to do it n multiple times for each ID, for example 2 times to get something like this:
ID score sample_num
1 1 20 1
2 1 30 1
3 1 20 2
4 1 10 2
5 2 50 1
6 2 40 1
7 2 60 2
8 2 40 2
Each sample set should be done without replacement. Is there a way to do this in dplyr? The long way I can think of is to do a for loop, create a df each iteration and then combine all the dfs together at the end.