How to improve readability of stage view for matrix pipelines?

Viewed 214

I have a Jenkinsfile with the following declarative pipeline:

pipeline {
    agent none
    stages {
        stage('BuildAndTest') {
            matrix {
                axes {
                    axis {
                        name 'CONFIG'
                        values 'Configuration A', 'Configuration B'
                    } 
                    axis {
                        name 'OPT'
                        values 'Debug', 'Release'
                    }
                }
                stages {
                    stage('Build') {
                        steps {
                            echo "Do Build for ${CONFIG} - ${OPT}"
                        }
                    }
                    stage('Test') {
                        steps {
                            echo "Do Test for ${CONFIG} - ${OPT}"
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

This results in the following stage view diagram:

Stage View

Is there any way to make this more readable? Namely, to make it clear from the column headers which configurations failed, instead of having multiple columns with the same header. Also, the Matrix columns seem pretty redundant to me.

Remarks:

  • Jenkins version is 2.277.4
  • I tried to use ${CONFIG}/${OPT} in the stage names, but they didn't get expanded.
1 Answers

Consider using Blue Ocean. The UI view in my project where I'm using declarative pipeline looks like this:

Blue Ocean UI

Related