When we ssh onto this Linux server, it says Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-193-generic x86_64), so this is the type of server we are on.
When we run R to launch R in the server from terminal, and then version, we get:
What is the easiest way to upgrade from version 3.4.4 to version 3.5.3? We don't want to upgrade to v4 or to the latest version quite yet until we ensure no breaking issues with our codebase on R v4, however we would like to make this upgrade to 3.5.3 so we can run an R library that requires 3.5.3+.
How can we do this from the command line on the server here, and after switching from 3.4.4 to 3.5.3 do we then need to re-install all R libraries on the server as well? I'm worried if I start running stuff from the command line and I mess up that I'll break our current R app.
