I am using the Xcode 13 beta and noticed the Color Literal suggestion when trying to choose a color with a picker does not show up (in previous versions I would do Color(Color Literal()) and a color picker would show up. Any thoughts on this?
I am using the Xcode 13 beta and noticed the Color Literal suggestion when trying to choose a color with a picker does not show up (in previous versions I would do Color(Color Literal()) and a color picker would show up. Any thoughts on this?
Just type
#colorLiteral( for color or #imageLiteral( for image and it will appear immediatly
Edit (September 26, 2021): As of Xcode 13.0 (13A233), color literals seem to be working now.
It's a known issue. From the release notes:
#colorLiteral, #imageLiteral, and #fileLiteral aren’t rendered. (75248191)
But other than that, note that init(_ color: UIColor) is deprecated, so you can't do something like Color(UIColor.blue). This applies to color literals too.
Instead, use the new init(uiColor: UIColor).
Solved like this in Xcode 13.4: Put a SPACE after "=" when assigning. Yes, it's that ridiculous. Then double click to pick a color. So:
var someColor = #colorLiteral(
After that can select a color.