I'm currently trying out Android Compose. I have a Text that shows price of a crypto coin. If a price goes up the color of a text should be green, but if a price goes down it should be red. The function is called when a user clicks a button. The problem is that the function showPrice() is called multiple times (sometimes just once, sometimes 2-4 times). And because of that the user can see the wrong color. What can I do to ensure that it's only called once?
MainActivity:
@Composable
fun MainScreen() {
val priceLiveData by viewModel.trackLiveData.observeAsState()
val price = priceLiveData ?: return
when (price) {
is ViewState.Response -> showPrice(price = price.data)
is ViewState.Error -> showError(price.text)
}
Button(onClick = {viewModel.post()} )
}
@Composable
private fun showPrice(price: Double) {
lastPrice = sharedPref.getFloat("eth", 0f).toDouble()
val color by animateColorAsState(if (price >= (lastPrice)) Color.Green else
Color.Red)
Log.v("TAG", "last=$lastPrice new = $price")
editor.putFloat("eth", price.toFloat()).apply()
Text(
text = price.toString(),
color = color,
fontSize = 28.sp,
fontFamily = fontFamily,
fontWeight = FontWeight.Bold
)
}
ViewModel:
@HiltViewModel
class MyViewModel @Inject constructor(
private val repository: Repository
): ViewModel() {
private val _trackLiveData: MutableLiveData<ViewState<Double>> = MutableLiveData()
val trackLiveData: LiveData<ViewState<Double>>
get() = _trackLiveData
fun post(
) = viewModelScope.launch(Dispatchers.Default) {
try {
val response = repository.post()
_trackLiveData.postValue(ViewState.Response(response.rate.round(7)))
} catch (e: Exception) {
_trackLiveData.postValue(ViewState.Error())
Log.v("TAG: viewmodelPost", e.message.toString())
}
}
}
ViewState:
sealed class ViewState<out T : Any> {
class Response<out T : Any>(val data: T): ViewState<T>()
class Error(val text:String = "Unknown error"): ViewState<Nothing>()
}
So when I press Button to call showPrice(). I can see these lines on Log:
2021-06-10 16:39:18.407 16781-16781/com.myapp.myapp V/TAG: last=2532.375732421875 new = 2532.7403716
2021-06-10 16:39:18.438 16781-16781/com.myapp.myapp V/TAG: last=2532.740478515625 new = 2532.7403716
2021-06-10 16:39:18.520 16781-16781/com.myapp.myapp V/TAG: last=2532.740478515625 new = 2532.7403716