In iterm how do I show the start time of a command

Viewed 1708

I would like to see when I typed a certain command. How do I display this in my terminal prompt?

3 Answers

On Mac press shift+cmd+e and see the times display on the right of the terminal. This time displayed is the time at which you type the last character for a command.

U can Go to Preferences > Advanced > then in Search Box type timestamp and then enable that its the simplest solution and if u want to customize the terminal prompt then u can refer to this link https://github.com/romkatv/powerlevel10k and for your reference the o/p is in last screenshot

or u can use p10k theme if u are using linux or mac, i dont have any idea about windows

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

Have no idea why settings in Advanced not works for me. I managed to make it in Preferences > Profile -> Session -> Show timestamps

settings

Related