unable to initialize docker swarm

Viewed 197

I am trying to setup an 8-node cluster with 5 manager nodes where 2 of those manager nodes are on Windows boxes.

On the Windows box I execute: docker swarm init --advertise-addr 10.10.10.100

I received a message must specify a listening address because the address to advertise is not recognized

Then, I execute: docker swarm init --advertise-addr 10.10.10.100 --listener-addr 127.0.0.1:2777

It appears to create a swarm but when I pass the token to the worker node I receive connection refused which makes sense because, for some reason, the 2777 is not open on the Windows box.

If on the other hand I execute: docker swarm init

The token that I receive has a 192.168.65.3 address which does not exist on ANY interface of mean.

NOTE: This all happens on a Windows box with Linux containers

If I switch to Windows Containers everything works but I need to use Windows Containers which I do not want to do.

Does anyone have any ideas ? I think this has something to do with Hyper-V.

0 Answers
Related