Update 10 Jun, 2021
So when removing the populator from codeception.yml the session problem goes away.
BUT: In the dump.sql is nothing having influence on users or sessions or cookies. There are only a few tables with demo data, and they are needed!
The relevant part in the file is this:
codeception.yml
...
modules:
enabled: [Db]
config:
Db:
dsn: "mysql:host=%HOST%;dbname=%DBNAME%"
user: "root"
password: "root"
populate: true
cleanup: true
# populator: "mysql -u$user -p$password $dbname < tests/codeception/_data/dump.sql"
...
Original Post
I think i read almost all similar reccources considering this issue, but nothing helped so far.
I am moving our Codeception tests on Github Actions. The whole build process is running but the acceptance tests not, because the session snapshot can't be restored.
The same Workflow works on a local server where i use selenium webdriver. I tried to run selenium in Actions (commented in build.yml) but that made some port problems.
What i'm doing in this short example is installing Joomla (works) and after that creating a Content category.
The second step (creating a Content category) tries to pick up the created session from the first step.
It's very simple and no problem locally, but on Actions the created session cannot be read.
The relevant report part:
InstallCest: Install joomla
Signature: InstallCest:installJoomla
Test: tests/codeception/acceptance/install/InstallCest.php:installJoomla
... works
InstallCest: createCategory
Signature: InstallCest:createcategory
Test: tests/codeception/acceptance/install/InstallCest.php:createcategory
Scenario --
[Db] Executing Populator: `mysql -uroot -proot test < tests/codeception/_data/dump.sql`
[Db] Populator Finished.
I create category "test 123"
Category creation in /administrator/
I open Joomla Administrator Login Page
[GET] http://127.0.0.1:8000/administrator/index.php
[Cookies] [{"name":"9d4bb4a09f511681369671a08beff228","value":"fail5495jbd01q6dc2nm06i7gf","path":"/","domain":"127.0.0.1","expiry":1623346855,"secure":false,"httpOnly":false},{"name":"8b5558aac8008f05fd8f8e59a3244887","value":"irhlqlj8jabat2n5746ba0sb5r","path":"/","domain":"127.0.0.1","expiry":1623346855,"secure":false,"httpOnly":false}]
[Snapshot] Restored "admin" session snapshot
[GET] http://127.0.0.1:8000/administrator/index.php?option=com_categories
Screenshot and page source were saved into '/home/runner/work/project_b/project_b/tests/codeception/_output/' dir
ERROR
The report:
session not created: No matching capabilities found
The HTML Snapshot:
Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /var/lib/php/sessions) in /home/runner/work/project_b/project_b/joomla/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 260
Error: Failed to start application: Failed to start the session
The php.log part
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:13 2021] 127.0.0.1:41972 Accepted
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:13 2021] 127.0.0.1:41972 [200]: GET /media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.woff
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:13 2021] 127.0.0.1:41972 Closing
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:16 2021] 127.0.0.1:41982 Accepted
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:16 2021] PHP Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /var/lib/php/sessions) in /home/runner/work/project_b/project_b/joomla/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 260
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:16 2021] 127.0.0.1:41982 [500]: GET /administrator/index.php
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:16 2021] 127.0.0.1:41982 Closing
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:16 2021] 127.0.0.1:41986 Accepted
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:16 2021] PHP Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /var/lib/php/sessions) in /home/runner/work/project_b/project_b/joomla/libraries/joomla/session/handler/native.php on line 260
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:16 2021] 127.0.0.1:41986 [500]: GET /administrator/index.php?option=com_categories
[Wed Jun 9 18:24:16 2021] 127.0.0.1:41986 Closing
I tried change the session.save_path without effect.
Posting relevant pieces:
composer.json
{
"name": "company/tests",
"description": "Company Product",
"license": "GPL-2.0+",
"require": {},
"require-dev": {
"codeception/codeception": "^4",
"fzaninotto/faker": "^1.6",
"behat/gherkin": "^4.4.1",
"phing/phing": "2.*",
"codeception/module-asserts": "^1.3",
"codeception/module-webdriver": "^1.2",
"codeception/module-filesystem": "^1.0",
"codeception/module-db": "^1.1"
}
}
build.yml
name: Codeception Tests
on: [push]
jobs:
tests:
runs-on: ${{ matrix.operating-system }}
strategy:
fail-fast: false
matrix:
operating-system: [ubuntu-latest]
php: ["7.4"]
name: PHP ${{ matrix.php }} Test on ${{ matrix.operating-system }}
env:
php-ini-values: post_max_size=32M
DB_DATABASE: test
DB_NAME: test
DB_ADAPTER: mysql
DB_USERNAME: root
DB_PASSWORD: root
DB_HOST: 127.0.0.1
DB_PORT: 3306
APP_URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000
steps:
- name: Checkout
uses: actions/checkout@v2
- name: Checkout Joomla 3
uses: actions/checkout@v2
with:
repository: joomla/joomla-cms
ref: "3.9.27"
path: joomla
- name: Setup PHP
uses: shivammathur/setup-php@v2
with:
php-version: ${{ matrix.php }}
# ini-values: session.save_path=/tmp
extensions: mbstring, intl, zip, json
tools: composer:v2
- name: Start MySQL
run: |
sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start
mysql -e 'CREATE DATABASE test;' -uroot -proot
mysql -e 'SHOW DATABASES;' -uroot -proot
# Composer stuff ...
- name: Run chromedriver
run: nohup $CHROMEWEBDRIVER/chromedriver --url-base=/wd/hub /dev/null 2>&1 &
# - name: Start ChromeDriver (was a try)
# run: |
# google-chrome --version
# xvfb-run --server-args="-screen 0, 1280x720x24" --auto-servernum \
# chromedriver --port=4444 --url-base=/wd/hub &> chromedriver.log &
- name: Run PHP webserver
run: |
php -S 127.0.0.1:8000 -t joomla/ &> php.log.txt &
sleep 1;
- name: Install Tests
run: |
php vendor/bin/codecept run "tests/codeception/acceptance/install/InstallCest.php" -vv --html
env:
DB_PORT: ${{ job.services.mysql.ports[3306] }}
- name: Upload Codeception output
if: ${{ always() }}
uses: actions/upload-artifact@v2
with:
name: codeception-results
# path: Tests/Acceptance/_output/
path: tests/codeception/_output/
- name: Upload PHP log
if: ${{ failure() }}
uses: actions/upload-artifact@v2
with:
name: php-log
path: php.log.txt
Acceptance Suite
class_name: AcceptanceTester
modules:
enabled:
- Asserts
- JoomlaBrowser
- Helper\Acceptance
- DbHelper
- Filesystem
config:
JoomlaBrowser:
url: "http://127.0.0.1:8000/"
browser: "chrome"
restart: true
clear_cookies: true
# window_size: 1280x1024
window_size: false
port: 9515
capabilities:
unexpectedAlertBehaviour: "accept"
chromeOptions:
args: ["--headless", "--disable-gpu"] # Run Chrome in headless mode
# prefs:
# download.default_directory: "..."
username: "admin" # UserName for the Administrator
password: "admin" # Password for the Administrator
database host: "127.0.0.1:3306" # place where the Application is Hosted #server Address
database user: "root" # MySQL Server user ID, usually root
database password: "root" # MySQL Server password, usually empty or root
database name: "test" # DB Name, at the Server
database type: "mysqli" # type in lowercase one of the options: MySQL\MySQLi\PDO
database prefix: "jos_" # DB Prefix for tables
install sample data: "no" # Do you want to Download the Sample Data Along with Joomla Installation, then keep it Yes
sample data: "Default English (GB) Sample Data" # Default Sample Data
admin email: "admin@mydomain.com" # email Id of the Admin
language: "English (United Kingdom)" # Language in which you want the Application to be Installed
Helper\Acceptance:
url: "http://127.0.0.1:8000/" # the url that points to the joomla installation at /tests/system/joomla-cms - we need it twice here
MicrosoftEdgeInsiders: false # set this to true, if you are on Windows Insiders
error_level: "E_ALL & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED"
InstallCest.php
<?php
/**
* Install Joomla and create Category
*
* @since 3.7.3
*/
class InstallCest
{
/**
* Install Joomla, disable statistics and enable Error Reporting
*
* @param AcceptanceTester $I The AcceptanceTester Object
*
* @since 3.7.3
*
* @return void
*
*/
public function installJoomla(\AcceptanceTester $I)
{
$I->am('Administrator');
$I->installJoomlaRemovingInstallationFolder();
$I->doAdministratorLogin();
$I->disableStatistics();
$I->setErrorReportingToDevelopment();
}
/**
* Just create Category
*
* @param AcceptanceTester $I The AcceptanceTester Object
*
* @since 3.7.3
*
* @return void
*
*/
public function createCategory(\AcceptanceTester $I)
{
$I->createCategory('test 123');
}
}