How to install Processing using Maven?

Viewed 135

I want to install processing via maven in intellij. I have added the following to my POM file:

<dependencies>
  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.processing</groupId>
    <artifactId>processing-complete</artifactId>
    <version>3.3.7</version>
  </dependency>
</dependencies>

When trying to build, it says Cannot resolve org.processing:processing-complete:3.3.7

However, the file is definitely there in the repository: https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/processing/processing-complete/3.3.7/

anyone has any idea how to successfully build the complete processing library using maven or gradle?

PS. I am a huge noob with maven, so it might be something simple, but I've tried a bunch of stuff and nothing seems to work.

Edited to have the maven log: from mvn -X dependency:sources

https://gist.github.com/jurrejelle/91b59785c7a3184e776f0a1797c416f4

1 Answers

Your dependency section is asking for a jar file (the default type), which isn't present in the artifact. If you look on Maven Central, you can see that the given dependency tag includes a pom type tag:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.processing</groupId>
  <artifactId>processing-complete</artifactId>
  <version>3.3.7</version>
  <type>pom</type>
</dependency>

I was able to reproduce your error using the XML you posted, and adding <type>pom</type> in my pom.xml cleared up the error for me.

Related