I'm having a problem being able to get the list of items within a folder, it keeps giving me the list of folders in the library, and not the list of files within the specified folder.
I'm using a C# program, using the following method to call the web service GetListItems, and it all seems to work up to a point:
[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/GetListItems", RequestNamespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/", ResponseNamespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/", Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal, ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)]
public System.Xml.XmlNode GetListItems(string listName, string viewName, System.Xml.XmlNode query, System.Xml.XmlNode viewFields, string rowLimit, System.Xml.XmlNode queryOptions, string webID) {
object[] results = this.Invoke("GetListItems", new object[] {
listName,
viewName,
query,
viewFields,
rowLimit,
queryOptions,
webID});
return ((System.Xml.XmlNode)(results[0]));
}
The values of the parameters are as follows:
listName = "Letters"
viewName = null
query = null
viewFields.OuterXml = "<ViewFields>
<FieldRef Name=\"ID\" />
<FieldRef Name=\"Title\" />
<FieldRef Name=\"Modified\" />
<FieldRef Name=\"Status\" />
<FieldRef Name=\"_UIVersion\" />
<FieldRef Name=\"_UIVersionString\" />
<FieldRef Name=\"EpisodeId\" />
</ViewFields>"
rowLimit = null
queryOptions.OuterXml = "<QueryOptions>
<IncludeMandatoryColumns>FALSE</IncludeMandatoryColumns>
<Folder>http://D3TVCAPP-APP02.test.local/Letters/ABBOTT, Nash _489611</Folder>
<DateInUtc>TRUE</DateInUtc>
</QueryOptions>"
webID = null
And it actually returns a result, it is hitting the service ok, the result looks like this:
results.OuterXml =
"<listitems xmlns:s=\"uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882\" xmlns:dt=\"uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882\" xmlns:rs=\"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset\" xmlns:z=\"#RowsetSchema\" xmlns=\"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/\">
<rs:data ItemCount=\"2\">
<z:row
ows_ID=\"84\"
ows_Modified=\"2021-06-09T09:50:11Z\"
ows__UIVersion=\"1\"
ows__UIVersionString=\"0.1\"
ows__ModerationStatus=\"2\"
ows__Level=\"2\"
ows_UniqueId=\"84;#{C8E8EC38-6DD5-4275-873A-B829BA850A54}\"
ows_owshiddenversion=\"1\"
ows_FSObjType=\"84;#1\"
ows_Created_x0020_Date=\"84;#2021-06-09T09:50:11Z\"
ows_ProgId=\"84;#\"
ows_FileLeafRef=\"84;#ABBOTT, Nash _489611\"
ows_PermMask=\"0x7fffffffffffffff\"
ows_FileRef=\"84;#Letters/ABBOTT, Nash _489611\"
ows_Editor=\"1;#John Smith\"
ows_MetaInfo=\"84;#\"
ows_Last_x0020_Modified=\"84;#2021-06-09T09:50:14Z\"
/>
<z:row
ows_ID=\"3\"
ows_Modified=\"2020-11-04T13:02:42Z\"
ows__UIVersion=\"1\"
ows__UIVersionString=\"0.1\"
ows__ModerationStatus=\"2\"
ows__Level=\"2\"
ows_UniqueId=\"3;#{1CA7B690-BF90-41EC-A5EA-E910C8D72376}\"
ows_owshiddenversion=\"1\"
ows_FSObjType=\"3;#1\"
ows_Created_x0020_Date=\"3;#2020-11-04T13:02:42Z\"
ows_ProgId=\"3;#\"
ows_FileLeafRef=\"3;#SMITH, JOHN _483835\"
ows_PermMask=\"0x7fffffffffffffff\"
ows_FileRef=\"3;#Letters/SMITH, JOHN _483835\"
ows_Editor=\"1;#John Smith\"
ows_MetaInfo=\"3;#\"
ows_Last_x0020_Modified=\"3;#2020-11-06T16:59:03Z\"
/>
</rs:data>
</listitems>"
Apologies for the wall of code, I just hope that someone can help me and want to provide as much info as possible. I can't figure this one out, I feel like I'm doing everything right. Anyone got any idea what I 'm doing wrong?