I am reading at https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.13/docs/dev/table/data_stream_api/#examples-for-fromchangelogstream,
The EXAMPLE 1:
// === EXAMPLE 1 ===
// interpret the stream as a retract stream
// create a changelog DataStream
val dataStream = env.fromElements(
Row.ofKind(RowKind.INSERT, "Alice", Int.box(12)),
Row.ofKind(RowKind.INSERT, "Bob", Int.box(5)),
Row.ofKind(RowKind.UPDATE_BEFORE, "Alice", Int.box(12)),
Row.ofKind(RowKind.UPDATE_AFTER, "Alice", Int.box(100))
)(Types.ROW(Types.STRING, Types.INT))
// interpret the DataStream as a Table
val table = tableEnv.fromChangelogStream(dataStream)
// register the table under a name and perform an aggregation
tableEnv.createTemporaryView("InputTable", table)
tableEnv
.executeSql("SELECT f0 AS name, SUM(f1) AS score FROM InputTable GROUP BY f0")
.print()
// prints:
// +----+--------------------------------+-------------+
// | op | name | score |
// +----+--------------------------------+-------------+
// | +I | Bob | 5 |
// | +I | Alice | 12 |
// | -D | Alice | 12 |
// | +I | Alice | 100 |
// +----+--------------------------------+-------------+
The EXAMPLE 2:
// === EXAMPLE 2 ===
// convert to DataStream in the simplest and most general way possible (no event-time)
val simpleTable = tableEnv
.fromValues(row("Alice", 12), row("Alice", 2), row("Bob", 12))
.as("name", "score")
.groupBy($"name")
.select($"name", $"score".sum())
tableEnv
.toChangelogStream(simpleTable)
.executeAndCollect()
.foreach(println)
// prints:
// +I[Bob, 12]
// +I[Alice, 12]
// -U[Alice, 12]
// +U[Alice, 14]
For the two examples, I would ask why the first one prints -D and +I in the last two records, while the second one prints -U and +U. What's the rule here to determine the kind of change? Thanks.