I am creating a script that starts a build in AWS Codebuild. In addition to running it, I would like that when the build completes (reaches the COMPLETED phase) and reads the string "COMPLETED", it stops.
This is the script:
#!/bin/bash
# Deploy API Gateway Authorizer
BUILD_PROJECT=$1
ENVIRONMENT=$2
if [ -z "$BUILD_PROJECT" ]
then
echo "BUILD_PROJECT is empty, exiting...."
exit 1
fi
if [ -z "$ENVIRONMENT" ]
then
echo "ENVIRONMENT is empty, exiting...."
exit 1
fi
function getStatus {
id=$(aws codebuild list-builds-for-project --project-name "${BUILD_PROJECT}-${ENVIRONMENT}" | jq -r '.ids[0]')
aws codebuild batch-get-builds --ids "$id" | jq '.builds[].phases[] | select (.phaseType=="COMPLETED") | .phaseType'
}
echo "----------------------------------------------------"
echo "Deploying: ${BUILD_PROJECT}-${ENVIRONMENT}"
echo "----------------------------------------------------"
aws codebuild start-build --project-name "${BUILD_PROJECT}-${ENVIRONMENT}"
while [ getStatus != "COMPLETED" ]
do
echo "Deploying..."
sleep 5
getStatus
done
I have tried this with a getStatus function and then inside a while loop until the result of the function != "COMPLETED" but even though it shows COMPLETED in the console output, it always keeps executing.
This is a console output when I run the script, for example:
----------------------------------------------------
Deploying: api-gateway-authorizer-us2-stage
----------------------------------------------------
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
Deploying...
"COMPLETED"
Deploying...
"COMPLETED"
Deploying...
"COMPLETED"
Deploying...
"COMPLETED"
Deploying...