Long story short, I ran a bunch of stochastic simulations for each of 15 groups, and have one integer per group that I need to add to each violin in the plot, and can't seem to figure out how to do it. Here's a reproducible example:
# Making data
df <- data.frame(c(rep(1,10), rep(2,10), rep(3,10)), sample.int(100, 30), c(rep(85,10), rep(60,10), rep(55,10)))
colnames(df) <- c("Group", "Data", "Extra")
# Grouping data
df$Group <- as.factor(df$Group)
# Plotting
Violin2 <- ggplot(data = df, aes(x = Group, y = Data))+
geom_violin(aes(fill = Group, color = Group))+
stat_summary(aes(y = Data), fun=mean, geom="point", color = "navyblue", shape = 17, size = 3)+
stat_summary(aes(y = Data), fun=median, geom="point", color = "black", shape = 16, size = 3)
#geom_point(aes(y = Extra, color = "#00BB66", shape = 16, size = 3)+
Violin2
So here, I'm saying that within the df, there are three groups: 1, 2, and 3, that are applied to the "Data" column. What I need to add, are the integers from the "Extra" column of the df, as single points on each violin (so the three integers would be 85, 60, and 55).
I initially tried to add a geom_point layer, and thought Extra would be grouped by Group, just as Data was, but that didn't work (Error: Discrete value supplied to continuous scale).
I've been searching around on here a lot, and can't find a solution, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance for any help! :)
This is the data:



