I have a KeyValue type which looks like here:
type KeyValue struct {
Key string
Value string
}
Since I want to build a heap over it, I defined a ByKey type and implements the heap.Interface interface
type ByKey []KeyValue
func (a ByKey) Len() int { return len(a) }
func (a ByKey) Swap(i, j int) { a[i], a[j] = a[j], a[i] }
func (a ByKey) Less(i, j int) bool { return a[i].Key < a[j].Key }
func (a *ByKey) Push(x interface{}) {
*a = append(*a, x.(KeyValue))
}
func (a *ByKey) Pop() interface{} {
old := *a
n := len(old)
x := old[n-1]
*a = old[0 : n-1]
return x
}
But when I run a test, the container/heap does not work. My test code is here:
dic := []string{"1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9"}
generate := func(min, max int) *ByKey {
n := rand.Intn(max - min) + min
kvs := make(ByKey, 0)
for i := 0; i < n; i++ {
idx := rand.Intn(len(dic))
kvs = append(kvs, KeyValue{
Key: dic[idx],
Value: "1",
})
}
return &kvs
}
kv1 := generate(10, 15)
fmt.Printf("before heapify kv1: %v\n", *kv1)
heap.Init(kv1)
fmt.Printf("after heapify kv1: %v\n", *kv1)
And the output is:
before heapify kv1: [{7 1} {3 1} {3 1} {5 1} {7 1} {8 1} {9 1} {5 1} {7 1} {6 1} {8 1}]
after heapify kv1: [{3 1} {5 1} {3 1} {5 1} {6 1} {8 1} {9 1} {7 1} {7 1} {7 1} {8 1}]
Unfortunately the kv1 is not sorted by key. I think there should be something wrong in functions like Swap(), Push() or Pop(). Any help is appreciated.