Is ObjectBox DB compatible across languages and platforms?

Viewed 73

I built and ran a DB in Java on Android. Now I would like to migrate my app to Dart/Flutter. So a couple questions:

  1. Will the models I create in Dart be compatible with the ones I have in Java?

  2. Assuming yes for question 1, will the Dart app be able to use the same copy of DB file created in Java?

  3. Will the Dart app be able to use the same copy of the DB file across systems (Android, iOS, and Linux)?

1 Answers
  1. Yes, in general this should be possible. There may be subtle differences caused by Dart types (e.g. Java has many integer types), or even by ObjectBox's Dart implementation. That latter should be reported to ObjectBox issues though, as Sync would run into the same issue.
  2. Yes (assuming no issues in 1 were encountered)
  3. Yes, this might work although no guarantees are given. This is outside of internally tested use cases.
Related