Add custom header to Amazon AWS ALB request

Viewed 8397

I would like to add a custom header to the request at the AWS ALB level. I am doing migration of some iRules from F5 to ALB and there are lots of custom iRules written in F5 to add custom headers based on some conditions and I have to keep it like-for-like in order to perform the smoother migration.

Is it possible to do this from the AWS ALB itself?

2 Answers

As far as I know there is no way to set custom headers at the ALB level.

You can however add CloudFront as a CDN in front of it, that allows you to set custom headers, which will then be passed on to the ALB.

Is it possible to do this from the AWS ALB itself?

Sadly its not. You could setup lambda function as your target, and proxy everything through lambda:

Client ---> ALB ---> Lambda ---> Instances

But such design has its own drawbacks.

Related