Gekko - Both "m= gekko(remote=False)" and "m= gekko(remote=True)" are not working

Viewed 198

I am trying to solve a MINLP problem. Initially, I was running the optimization code with m=gekko(remote=True) but since a few days, it's not working anymore. I get the following error: "urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found" then "ImportError: No solution or server unreachable."

When I run it locally using "m= gekko(remote = False)", I get "Exception: Access Violation At line 359 of file ./f90/cqp.f90 Traceback: not available, compile with -ftrace=frame or -ftrace=full Error: 'results.json' not found."

I also tried setting up a server following this tutorial https://apmonitor.com/wiki/index.php/Main/APMonitorServer but without any success.

My code is similar to the one presented here: GEKKO - timeout error - ImportError: No solution or server unreachable

Can anyone please help me figure out how to solve this issue? Thanks a lot !

1 Answers

The issue in this case is an error occurring in APMonitor, which is the underlying executable used by GEKKO for solving the optimization problems. APMonitor or the underlying solver must be crashing and so it is not returning the results.json containing the solution.

In this case I would recommend trying a different solver if possible and reporting the error on the GitHub repo.

Related