Change the mouse-select color in Jupyterlab 3

Viewed 226

I want to change the color of selected/highlighted text by mouse in input cells in Jupyterlab 3. I am using the light theme, however the highlighted text appears difficult to read in input cells. If I hightlight text with my mouse in the output cells, it is absolutely fine. Please see the attached image. Ideally I want both of my highlights have the same light blue color.

enter image description here

The extensions I am running are below. I have only 3 different themes - light, dark, and darcula. Jupyter lab is version v3.0.16. The complete stack is Jupyterhub with dockerspawner on Ubuntu 20.04.2. I am using Google Chrome browser on Win 10, the same problem happens in Edge.

enter image description here

1 Answers

This is coming from theme-darcula. Strangely it spill styles even when not in use. If you are not using it (as you say you are using the Light theme) you can remove it with:

pip uninstall theme-darcula

(or appropriate conda command if you installed it with conda). After restarting JupyterLab the issue goes away for me.

Related