I am trying to run an Express server that would communicate with a local MongoDB instance. Everything runs on Ubuntu 18.04.5 on DigitalOcean.
I managed to set up the database, the authentication is made, but then after a few seconds the connection closes due to some mongodb dependencies (I think).
This is how I make the connection:
const httpsServer = https.createServer(credentials, app);
const mongooseConnection = mongoose
.createConnection(
`mongodb://user:pass@127.0.0.1:27017/Database?retryWrites=true&w=majority`,
{ useNewUrlParser: true, useUnifiedTopology: true }
);
mongooseConnection.on('error', console.error.bind(console, 'Connection error: '));
mongooseConnection.once('open', () => {
console.log("Connected to the DB");
httpsServer.listen(securePort, () => {
console.log(`Secure Express server listening on port ${securePort}`);
});
});
Node console:
Mongod:
Couldn't find much about this error. Most of what I've found is related to the MongoDB Atlas cloud service, but this is a local MongoDB instance. The common solution for when the connection closes like this seems to be whitelisting the IP. I think this is not the case as everything is local and I have nothing to do with the Atlas/Cluster.
I tried removing the node modules and updating them. I tried disabling cors and helmet. I'm stuck

