Recently i have been using the 'yield' in python. And I find generator functions very useful. My query is that, is there something which could decrement the imaginative cursor in the generator object. Just how next(genfun) moves and outputs +i'th item in the container, i would like to know if there exists any function that may call upon something like previous(genfun) and moves to -1th item in the conatiner.
Actual Working
def wordbyword():
words = ["a","b","c","d","e"]
for word in words:
yield word
getword = wordbyword()
next(getword)
next(getword)
Output's
a
b
What I would like to see and achieve is
def wordbyword():
words = ["a","b","c","d","e"]
for word in words:
yield word
getword = wordbyword()
next(getword)
next(getword)
previous(getword)
Expected Output
a
b
a
This may sound silly, but is there someway there is this previous in generator, if not why is it so?. Why not we could decrement the iterator, or am I ignorant of an existing method, pls shower some light. What can be the closest way to implement what I have here in hand.