I have spent much time on this but I am nowhere closer to a solution.
I have a dataframe which outputs as
RegionID AreaID Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
0 20.0 1.0 2020.0 1174.0 1056.0 1051.0 1107.0 1097.0 1118.0
1 19.0 2.0 2020.0 460.0 451.0 421.0 421.0 420.0 457.0
2 20.0 3.0 2020.0 2723.0 2594.0 2590.0 2399.0 2377.0 2331.0
3 21.0 4.0 2020.0 863.0 859.0 813.0 785.0 757.0 765.0
4 19.0 5.0 2020.0 4037.0 3942.0 4069.0 3844.0 3567.0 3721.0
5 19.0 6.0 2020.0 1695.0 1577.0 1531.0 1614.0 1671.0 1693.0
6 18.0 7.0 2020.0 1757.0 1505.0 1445.0 1514.0 1406.0 1444.0
7 18.0 8.0 2020.0 832.0 721.0 747.0 852.0 885.0 872.0
8 18.0 9.0 2020.0 2538.0 2000.0 2026.0 1981.0 1987.0 1949.0
9 21.0 10.0 2020.0 1145.0 1235.0 1114.0 1161.0 1150.0 1189.0
10 20.0 11.0 2020.0 551.0 497.0 503.0 472.0 505.0 532.0
11 19.0 12.0 2020.0 1664.0 1526.0 1389.0 1373.0 1384.0 1404.0
12 21.0 13.0 2020.0 381.0 351.0 299.0 286.0 297.0 319.0
13 21.0 14.0 2020.0 1733.0 1627.0 1567.0 1561.0 1498.0 1511.0
14 18.0 15.0 2020.0 1257.0 1257.0 1160.0 1172.0 1124.0 1113.0
I want to pivot this data so that I have a month combined field like below
RegionID AreaID Year Month Amout
20.0 1.0 2020 Jan 1174
20.0 1.0 2020 Feb 1056
20.0 1.0 2020 Mar 1051
Can this be done using pandas? I have been trying with the pivot_table but I cant get it to work.