Issue with HTTPS connection to CosmosDb Emulator in Linux Docker Container

Viewed 511

A new Linux emulator for CosmosDb was recently announced.

I'm using Docker for Windows. And there is a problem with the connection to CosmosDb Emulator in Linux Docker Container via ASP.NET Core.

The Docker container with the emulator launched successfully and I can reach the explorer by: http://localhost:8081/_explorer/index.html

enter image description here

Then I run the project in Visual Studio and get that problem

The SSL connection could not be established

enter image description here

I've tried to install a certificate from this guide but my host is Windows and it doesn't work for me.

Could you please suggest how to install the certificate for Linux container on Windows host?

1 Answers

You have to download certificate from Docker container to your host machine and install it (PowerShell):

#Download certificate from container
Invoke-RestMethod -Uri https://$($ipAddress):8081/_explorer/emulator.pem -Method Get | Out-File "$($env:TEMP)/emulatorcert.crt"

#Import certificate
$cert = Import-Certificate -FilePath "$($env:TEMP)/emulatorcert.crt" -CertStoreLocation Cert:\LocalMachine\Root
Related