How to analyze source code by pygments(using pygount) and get a SUM

Viewed 102

Using pygount I am trying to get the SUM of: Codes, Comments and Empty. I do not have any errors but I think I messed my relative paths.

Firstly check the tree below for a visualization

C:\...\Projects\TestProject
├───utils
│   ├───__init__.py 
│   └───loc.py
└───launcher.py

ROOT_DIR const def is inside __init__ of util folder. I am not sure if my relative path should have 1x or 2x .parent to reach "TestProject"(which is the root dir).

from pathlib import Path
from .loc import test

ROOT_DIR = Path(__file__).parent.parent

Below is the the .loc file

from utils import ROOT_DIR

class Counter:
    def __init__(self):
        self.code = 0
        self.docs = 0
        self.empty = 0

    def count(self):
        for subdir, _, files in os.walk(ROOT_DIR / "TestProject"):
            for file in (f for f in files if f.endswith(".py")):
                analysis = SourceAnalysis.from_file(f"{subdir}/{file}", "pygount", encoding="utf-8")
                self.code += analysis.code_count
                self.docs += analysis.documentation_count
                self.empty += analysis.empty_count
0 Answers
Related