Port forwarding command

Viewed 191

I’m trying to do a port forwarding with ssh using the below command:

ssh -L  9540:localhost:8011 user@ipdest

The port is for https traffic, I’m not getting any kind of error when I run the command, actually I get the ssh connection to the destination ip.

The problem is that when I try to connect with the browser to the url localhost:9540 it doesn’t show anything, I’m not able to reach the https service.

1 Answers

Can you please check the sshd config file with the below command and make sure that the lines in bold are like the example?

more  /etc/ssh/sshd_config

#AllowAgentForwarding yes

AllowTcpForwarding yes

#GatewayPorts no

X11Forwarding yes

#X11DisplayOffset 10

#X11UseLocalhost yes

#PermitTTY yes

PrintMotd no

#PrintLastLog yes

#TCPKeepAlive yes

#PermitUserEnvironment no

#Compression delayed

#ClientAliveInterval 0

#ClientAliveCountMax 3

#UseDNS no

#PidFile /var/run/sshd.pid

#MaxStartups 10:30:100

PermitTunnel yes

#ChrootDirectory none

#VersionAddendum none

If not please set the lines as the example and restart the sshd service, try to connect again and test your tunnel again.

Related