Cannot update from Python 3.7.6 to 3.9 (or anything above 3.7.6) on MacOS

Viewed 616

This started from when I tried to use networkx and it would not work despite pip installing it and restarting the terminal. I then realized that the version on my OS is 3.7.6

At first, I tried upgrading it via installing 3.9.5 from python.org. Then I tried correcting the file path. Then I tried following the instructions on the link below to uninstall it.

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/5880/python/uninstall

Then I tried uninstalling and re-installing via homebrew, and still when I enter $ python --version, I get 3.7.6.

Even when I uninstall via brew uninstall python , I still get that I am running version 3.7.6.

This is preventing me from running certain packages like networkx. Please guide me toward what I need to do to get either the path corrected or find out where this 3.7.6 is installed so I can uninstall it and do whatever needs to be done so that when I update python in the future, I don't need to go through all of this again to get it working properly.

0 Answers
Related