I used the .NET libraries
- System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt
- Microsoft.IdentityModel.Tokens
- Microsoft.IdentityModel.JsonWebTokens
I'm also assuming that, as you said you have a private key, and that you've loaded that into an RSACryptoServiceProvider
Here's my sample code
First create your claims. This is your JWT payload
var claims = new Claim[]
{
new Claim(MicrosoftJwt.JwtRegisteredClaimNames.Sub, "your subject"),
new Claim(MicrosoftJwt.JwtRegisteredClaimNames.Iat, DateTime.Now.ToEpochSeconds().ToString(), ClaimValueTypes.Integer),
new Claim(MicrosoftJwt.JwtRegisteredClaimNames.Exp, DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(60).ToEpochSeconds().ToString(), ClaimValueTypes.Integer),
};
Then you need to configure your signing credentials using your private key.
// Assuming you already have your key loaded into an RSACryptoServiceProvider
var key = new MicrosoftTokens.RsaSecurityKey(csp)
var signingCredentials = new SigningCredentials(signingKey, SecurityAlgorithms.RsaSha256);
Now you can create your token
var jwt = new JwtSecurityToken(
issuer : issuer,
audience : audience,
claims : claims,
signingCredentials: signingCredentials
);
// You can add extra items to your Header if necessary
jwt.Header.Add("kid", deviceId);
You can then write your token to a string
var assertion = new JwtSecurityTokenHandler().WriteToken(jwt);
I think the value of assertion is what you're trying to get