Hello I'm using Telethon 1.21.1 The most question here are outdated.
This scripts task is to read a message of a specific Channel per id.
I'm not sure where to pass the info for the channel and how if I use the method to read the msg in the proper way. await but I'm not sure how I pull it off
This is what I have:
my_private_channel_id = "-100777000"
my_private_channel = "test"
api_id = # 7 Digit Telegram API ID.
api_hash = '' # 32 Character API Hash
phone = '+' #Enter Your Mobilr Number
client = TelegramClient(phone, api_id, api_hash)
async def main():
await client.send_message('me', 'Hello !!!!') # just to test connection
with client:
client.loop.run_until_complete(main())
client.connect()
if not client.is_user_authorized():
client.send_code_request(phone)
client.sign_in(phone, input('Enter verification code: '))
chats = []
last_date = None
chunk_size = 200
channels=[] #target channel
result = client(GetDialogsRequest(
offset_date=last_date,
offset_id=0,
offset_peer=InputPeerEmpty(),
limit=chunk_size,
hash = 0
))
chats.extend(result.chats)
for chat in chats:
try:
if chat.channels== True:
readmsg = client.get_messages(chat, None)
except:
continue