New Firefox Update Menu Bookmark padding spacing fix?

Viewed 12534

Recently (about an hour ago) my firefox auto updated to a new format, where all the text and bookmarks are forcibly spaced as if I were writing a double spaced essay. This has cut down the maximum number of displayed icons severely in book marks and there's what feels like a quarter inch of extra useless grey space in my top browser between the menu/file/edit/view/etc. section and the tabs.

Is there a way, such as through about:config to fix this vertical/height spacing issue of the UI?

I have been unsuccessful in locating a fix.

3 Answers

The same thing just happened to me. This worked (from https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1186601):

  • Find the latest profile that FF just created. Mine was in "C:\Users\(my_name)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles". Look for the newest folder, go into it and find the folder called 'chrome'
  • Open userChrome.css in Notepad.
  • Paste this at the bottom of the file:
/* Use Normal top and bottom padding for Compact */
#PlacesToolbarItems .bookmark-item {
  padding-top: 2px !important;
  padding-bottom: 2px !important;
}
  • Save the file and restart FF.

I changed the padding to 0px and it looks great.

Related