.NET 5 Projects with Packaging Projects fail to build after VS2019 Upgrade to version 16.10

Viewed 136

Following issue occurs only on .NET Desktop Projects that also include Windows Application Packaging Project.

After my VS2019 was updated to version 16.10, all my .NET 5 projects that also include a Windows Application Packaging Project fail to build in VS2019. Both the Clean Solution and Rebuild Solution actions fail. In both cases we get the following error:

ResolvePackageDependencies task failed unexpectedly

When I tried dotnet clean I got the following error:

C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\5.0.300\Microsoft\DesktopBridge\Microsoft.DesktopBridge.props" was not found. Confirm that the expression in the Import declaration "C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\5.0.300\\Microsoft\DesktopBridge\\Microsoft.DesktopBridge.props" is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

And I verified on my Windows 10 Pro - latest version 20H2 that the folder C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\5.0.300\Microsoft\ does not have the DesktopBridge folder - and that seem to cause the issue. Both the Clean Solution and Rebuild Solution were working fine just before an upgrade of VS2019 to version 16.10

0 Answers
Related