How to import all images from an ACR repository to another ACR in different tenant

Viewed 2104

Scenario: I have 4 repos in an ACR(azure container registry) with multiple images in each repo. I want to move all the repos and all images in it to a different ACR(azure container registry) What I have Done: I have used below command to import a single image in an ACR(azure container registry) repo to another ACR repo.

az acr import \
  --name myregistry \
  --source sourceregistry.azurecr.io/sourcerrepo:tag \
  --image targetimage:tag \
  --username <SP_App_ID> \
  --password <SP_Passwd>

Problem: The above command only imports a single image based on the tag given.

Solution Needed: What I want to achieve is to import all the image inside a single repo of an ACR to a different ACR.

Please let me know if anyone have any solution for this.

1 Answers

Whipped up this script using pwsh and az cli:

$SourceAcrName="source ACR Name"
$DestinationAcrName="destination ACR Name"

$Repos= az acr repository list --name $SourceAcrName | ConvertFrom-Json

foreach ($repo in $Repos) {
    $Tags = az acr repository show-tags -n $SourceAcrName --repository $repo | ConvertFrom-Json
    foreach ($tag in $Tags) {
        az acr import -r $SourceAcrName -n $DestinationAcrName --source "${repo}:${tag}" --no-wait
    }
}

It will copy all repositories and tags in the ACR to the destination ACR. the --no-wait parameter allows the tasks to run in the background in Azure, so you don't have to wait for confirmation.

Related