Docker container can't be started In Plesk on CentOS Linux 7.9.2009

Viewed 2571

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.35 / CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 / Docker version 20.10.6, build 370c289 /

Docker container with MySQL stopped today and can't be started. Trying to start docker container in Plesk I am getting the error:

Error: {"message":"OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:545: container init caused: rootfs_linux.go:76: mounting \"/var/lib/docker/containers/23385a006794b8bd06cb112d5a9c8401d6bb78370e6e7e6adea8182b2205c624/resolv.conf\" to rootfs at \"/etc/resolv.conf\" caused: mount through procfd: possibly malicious path detected -- refusing to operate on /etc/resolv.conf: unknown"}

We tried to install another container - same error We deleted the container and the docker App in Plesk and installed all from zero - same error.

$docker info

enter image description here

2 Answers

Upgrading docker-ce and nvidia-docker can solve the problem!

Encountered this problem in centos7.2.1511. I solved it by adjusting the docker version.

Available environment in centos7.2.1511 docker-ce-19.03.1-3.el7.x86_64(note:docker-ce-19.03.4+ is not available) nvidia-docker2-2.6.0-1.noarch

Please forgive me bad english!!

I had this exact same issue with the static docker install version 20.10.10 on RHEL 7.1. The problem turned out to be the permissions on the "data-root" directory, if unspecified it will be /var/lib/docker.

The system I installed on had a RAM or tmpfs "root" / filesystem which isn't ideal for the data-root directory, so I created a directory on an attached drive, but the permissions of the newly created directory didn't meet the requirements of docker, which appear to need execution for all user, group, and other. i.e.

drwx--x--x. user group 6 Nov 11 10:54 /var/lib/docker

The directory was created with "710" permissions (as in chmod 710), but once changed to "711" (example: chmod 711 /var/lib/docker), the problem went away.

Just make sure that the "data-root" location has appropriate permissions for your setup. The "data-root" location can be changed by providing --data-root /path to the dockerd process or adding it to /etc/docker/daemon.json

More details can be found below:

https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/dockerd/

Related