Say I have this dataframe with datetimes separated by an unknown time interval:
data[0]:
mintime check
1375 2020-02-18 12:17:51.275000064+00:00 GO1
1376 2020-02-18 12:17:56.484999936+00:00 GO1
1377 2020-02-18 12:18:06.020000+00:00 GO1
1378 2020-02-18 12:18:10.922000128+00:00 NOGO
1379 2020-02-18 14:47:48.353999872+00:00 GO2
1380 2020-02-18 14:47:48.768000+00:00 GO2
1381 2020-02-18 14:48:03.120000+00:00 GO2
I am trying to split the dataframe. That is, if the datetimes are separated by no more than 15 seconds, they will be grouped into a new dataframe.
My attempt to do this begins with the column check. That column tells if the value on its row and the following value are separated within 15 seconds (GO) or more than 15 seconds (NOGO).
The reason I add a number after GO is to be able to distinguish groups of GO's. And this is my attempt code:
databds = []
intervalo = pd.Timedelta(seconds = 15)
p = 0
for x in range(0,len(data)):
for y in range(0,len(data[x])-1):
t = pd.to_datetime(data[x]['mintime'][y][0:19])
tp1 = pd.to_datetime(data[x]['mintime'][y+1][0:19])
resta = tp1 - t
if resta > intervalo:
data[x]['check'][y] = "NOGO"
p = p + 1
else:
data[x]['check'][y] = "{}{}".format("GO", p)
for z in range(0,p):
datito = data[x].loc[data[x]['check'] == "{}{}".format("GO", z)]
databds.append(datito)
This process is long and demanding on resources. I believe there must be an easier way to do this. I have tried applying pandas resample with no luck tho.